Grandchildren of Rose Anna (Heffron) and Joseph Lumphrey
The seven grandchildren of Rose Anna Heffron Lumphrey were born to 2 of her 6 children. Three of them lived near New Richmond, three lived in St. Paul, and one in Pine River, Minn. Six are still living. They have produced 7 members of the 5th generation and at least 5 of the 6th generation. All if these latter generations live in Minnisota except one family in Hawaii.
Children of William H. Lumphrey, # 22
81. W. FRANCIS LUMPHREY, born Sept. 30, 1915, Stanton, Wisc., married
Mary Carmen Haley on June 4, 1942. He owned and operated his farm in
Stanton until 1974, then worked for Domain Industries until he
retired in 1984. Carmen was a school teacher who was killed in a car
accident on July 2, 1967, (buried St. Bridgets Cem., Stanton)
82. GENEVIEVE MARIA LUMPHREY, born Aug. 28, 1917, Stanton, married Joseph
Francois on Sept. 21, 1943. He was a farmer near New Richmond until his
death on March 2, 1981. She was a school teacher for 38 years until
retiring in 1978 and she still lives on the farm northwest of New
83. ANNA ROSE LUMPHREY, born March 30, 1921, Stanton, married Cornelius
(Con) O’Shea on June 21, 1952. He was born March 14, 1924, and died
July 17, 1970, buried St. Bridgets Cemetery, Stanton. He was a
metalurgist furnace operator. She was a secretary at Gillette
Industries, now retired, and lives in St. Paul.
199. Patricia Ann O’Shea, born March 10, 1954, mar. James Palmer on
May 24, 1975, and lives in Oakdale, Minn. Pat is vice-
president, General Manager and consultant of new products
division and Jim is area manager of a shoe company.
200. William Cornelius O’Shea, born Nov. 1, 1955, married Lori
Nordvall on July 30, 1988, and they live in Coon Rapids, Minn.
where he works on the railroad.
a. Patrick O’Shea, b. _______,1990
b. Joshua Nordvall
b. Jacob Nordvall
201. Mary Margaret O’Shea, born June 20, 1960, lives in Woodbury,
Minn., where she works with computer marketing and is a sales
84. JOSEPH EDWARD LUMPHREY, born Jan. 14, 1923, Stanton, and lives on the home farm near New Richmond
Children of Rose Lumphrey Burns, #25
85. ROSE MARY BURNS, born Dec. 6, 1912, St. Paul, married Joseph Peckman
on June 26, 1973. She was a receptionist and is now retired and lives
in St. Paul.
86. THOMAS JOSEPH BURNS, born Nov. 24, 1915, St. Paul, died Dec 13. 1988,
Pine River, Minn., buried Fort Snelling National Cemetery. He married
Nora B. McElwee on June 21, 1943, in England where he was serving in the
U. S. military during W W II. She is a native of Bellaghy, Derry,
Ireland. He lived in Longville, Minn., from 1973 until his death. He
was a machinist for F. M. C. Corp. in St. Paul until he retired.
202. Robert Burns
87. JOHN FRANCIS BURNS, born March 9, 1920, married Margaret Moran on
June 19, 1943, in St. Paul. John is a retired systems analyst, having
worked for I. B. M., C. D. C. and 1st Computer. Margaret was an
executive secretary for West Publishing Co. until she retired. They
now live in West St. Paul.
203. John Burns, Jr., born 5/7/1945, lives in Kialua-Kona, Hawaii,
where he owns some McDonald Restaurants.
204. Susan Burns, born 1/28/1947, is a V. P., division of Inter-
national Multi-Foods, Minneapolis.
205. Carol Burns, born 10/22/1948, mar. Alan Smith, lives in Arden
Hills, Minn., where she is an executive secretary at 3M Corp.
and Alan is an engineering supervisor, also at 3M.
a. Christopher Smith
b. Jeffrey Smith